Sunday, March 19, 2006

What Dreams May Come...

My mind is whirling right now as my heart re-breaks and I'm not even ashamed of the fact that I'm crying a computer room full of people.

I just finished reading What Dreams May Come by Richard Mattheson earlier today and my mind has already been filled with thoughts of ethereal bodies, astral dreams... The wonderment of could there really be a heaven or hell? Is there a God? Is there life after death? Is there rebirth? I'm having difficulty believing any of this is more than a hopeful dream...

I received an e-mail from my father today...

"I got to spend time with mom just before she died. Her last word was love. She had a stroke, but she fought and yelled love when I told her that I loved her on friday in the emeregency room. You see the stroke took her speach. She lived untill Sunday. They put her in a room on the third floor. I went to see her at 6oclock spent an hour or so she held my hand and I told her what heaven was going to be like and talked about you kids she would look at the ceeling and look back at me in awaa. She acted like she seen something maybe an angle. I dont know then my pager went off and I told her I had to go to work. i went to put my coat on when the nurse said look.

Mom back was about 6inches off the bed and she was reaching for me the nurse was supprised they couldnt get her to move sence she got their just a wink that was all. I said I know what you want that is a big hug so I gave her one and a kiss on the forhead. I told her I loved her and that I had to go to work. she looked peaceful when i left. the nurse Jacky called me later and she told me mom went to sleep when I left and they checked on her at 8:15. Jacky went back in at8:45 and she had passed away. I belive she went to heaven. She is with dad now. She never woke up after I left.

Grandma loved you. I know she talked about you with a smile. I know we will miss her for the rest of our lives. I love and miss you hope to hear from you soon Love Dad"



"These are the days of your life, And don't let them pass you by, Cause you never know when you might take your last breath, And so take a deep one tonight..."

Alright, I'm going for a run... I need to get out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home