Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A long pause.


There are moments in our lives that seem to pass us by in such rapid succession not only are we unable to recall them all, but often times it seems as though they never existed at all. I hope one day to find a way to capture all of them and replay them in slow motion. Until that day I guess I'm limited to my ever faltering memory...

Time is a very tricky thing. In LA 8 months passed and I barely had enough time to blink an eyelid. But here. In Iraq... I must blink a hundred times a minute keenly aware of every flash... And even though the rest of the world is in everyday mode I maintain my slow motion status. I call these the Garden State moments of life... And I wishI could speed my own reaction to them up.

With nothing but time on our hands we tend to think back and remember those moments we otherwise might forget. Lately it seems I've been doing just that. (Included in this post are a few such moments that have ran through my mind.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home